Why 20-Minutes?

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my first Blog!

You might ask, "20-minute Stroller?  What's with that?" 

Let me give you a bit of background, since this is the first post and you'll need some context of why I decided on the name.

In July 2019, my husband, Jack, and I, moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia.  We lived in Victoria, British Columbia for almost 30 years, but felt that for economics, the time had come for us to move to my home province. 

I was born in Nova Scotia...most of my family still lives here, so it made sense to move back to the province where I was born.  But...I actually never lived here! I was born here, but my dad was in the military, and we moved away when I was very little. That's a story for another day!

I was offered a job here, which I really like, but I also enjoy being outside.  When I worked in Victoria, I would go for a stroll with a co-worker every morning for our "chill pill" - it gave us our much-needed breathe of fresh air, and we could walk for about 20 minutes to stretch our legs and reinvigorate our senses.   I don't drink coffee, so never really took a real "coffee break!"  ha ha.  Fast forward to now...

When I started my new job, I wanted to continue taking my 20-minute strolls.  What could I explore and see in those 20 minutes?  Well, let me tell you...there's a lot to experience in that time.

Join me on my 20-minute adventures (and some weekend excursions) and see the sites of picturesque Nova Scotia...learn some of its history, and just some really neat things that I see along the way.  I'll be posting about once a week, so stay tuned!

And, in the meantime, if you want to learn more about me, please visit my website at www.exclusivelyjk.com





Comments

  1. This sounds great. I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A European Stroll - Zurich, Switzerland - Day 1

A European Stroll - Switzerland to Amsterdam - a Prelude